What's new on the Dota Allstars 6.60

We all knew that in Dota Allstars 6.60 Tauren Chief will be introduce.. But do you know that on 25 March 2009 will be the release date of the new version. For more info read more below.

Here are the updates from IceFrog:


Thanks everyone for being so patient! Don't worry, DotA 6.60 is almost out, please continue waiting - I want this release to be very sucessful, and would hate to disappoint you guys :) Please give me your support, and understand the difficulties of balancing new heroes.

I feel really bad for keeping you guys waiting, but I don't really want to reveal anything about my release until the end - to me it's like a work of art :) Please visit www.icefrog.com for any future updates! I know I haven't been updating recently, but that's because I've been very busy, and I'm really trying to post something within the next few days to keep you guys updated.

Finally, here's a treat for you guys, in my apology for taking so long on this release, some things I can promise you'll see:
-MUCH more recoding and optimizations! You'll be running DotA at up to 25% higher frame rates! (As reported by some of my beta-testers)
-A new game mode :D
-Reworked rune system
-Some major gameplay changes regarding the laning phase, gold distribution, teamwork, etc - this will make the game faster paced, less farming, and more of the team battles we love DotA for! This is obviously one of the biggest changes that is causing many balance issues and delaying our release, but it's worth it!
-Minor terrain tweaks. Everyone loves more juke spots and cosmetics :)
-A few reworked hero abilities. Don't think I don't notice that many heroes have very similar playstyles! I will try to rework heroes one by one, as I have been doing the past couple of versions. Stay updated on the official dota forums, and you might get a hint on who these will be =D

Finally, know that no matter how long and hard my beta-testers work, we can't find all the bugs and balance issues alone - it will be up to you guys! Developing DotA is a community effort, which is why I love you guys so much. If you don't like our release, please be patient and give as much feedback as you can, so we can make DotA as enjoyable for everyone as we can!

1 comments:

Nacho said...

tauren chieftain is so imba!!!


PLANET DOTA © 2009. Free Blogspot Templates